23 May 2008

Vacation

The past few weeks have been a bit crazy between preparing to rejoin the ranks of the employed and a few other things.
So, I decided to use the last bit of unpaid vacation time I have left and leave town for a few days.
Flew to Grand Junction, Colorado. From there, went with a friend to Zion national park and Bryce Canyon, both in Utah.
Note to self: take more time to see the individual parks should I visit them again. Reason is, there's just so much stuff to see.
Zion seemed to me to be appropriately named. There's a really stunning mix of desert, vegetation and wildlife there. Also, there's some fantastic views if you're willing to do a bit of hiking. Words can't ever fully express the sort of beauty you'd find there.
Just be prepared to gasp for breath and drink lots of water.
Bryce Canyon didn't have as much wildlife or vegetation as Zion, but some of the rock formations were also wonderful. If you walk down into the canyon, you'll get a much better perspective.
Still, remember the bit about the gasping and the water. At least, if you're as out-of-shape as me.
Got to see some more great views driving back to Grand Junction.
Stayed there Wednesday, and flew home Thursday.
After seeing such fantastic stuff, I'm sure I'll feel great looking at cubicle walls again come next Tuesday. Yay.
I'll have to go back out there again someday.

No comments: