01 July 2008

The bunny chronicles: revenge is a dish best served warm

I've heard that allegedly, rabbits are witless, helpless critters. Dumb, in fact, was another word that I've heard.
At any rate, last night after work, I came home and let the rotten little beast out of her cage. The cage is in the front hallway of my apartment, and the vacuum cleaner sits a few feet away from her cage.
So, the beast hopped around for a bit, then sat right next to the vacuum cleaner. She seemed pretty calm and relatively happy there, and she didn't seem to be destroying anything, so I walked away for a bit.
Ten minutes later, wondering if she'd destroyed anything, I checked on her again, and she was still in the same spot. I decided it was time for her to return to her cage, but she thought otherwise. I'd soon see the reason: 30 little dark brown pellets now rested right next to the vacuum cleaner.
Naturally, the beast hopped away. I'd soon catch her and return her to the cage without further incident.
I now regard Elmer Fudd as a tragic character.

No comments: