26 January 2009

Dentistry Episode III: The Phantom Appeal

Got yet another mail from my former dental insurance provider. This one states they received my appeal for a denial of claim payment for services in Auguest 2007.
Problem is, I never filed an appeal.
So, this means my former dentist has failed to file paperwork, and is now attempting to cover their asses by posing as me. Nevermind the whole false claim that they filed from August of 2008, for an appointment that I never had with that office.
I've given up being mad about this and decided to just be entertained by this place's continued bungling and stupidity. Do they think that I won't get notified by the insurance company? Really? All this for less than $200? For something that should have been taken care of if the office was even remotely competent? Really?
I have to shake my head and laugh.
For a relatively small amount of money, this office has guaranteed that not only will I never do business with them again, but that I will recommend any and everyone I know to avoid them. Further, they've made me want to toy with them. Insurance fraud can be a big deal, and I'm sure they don't want to deal with an investigation into this.
Yep. Come normal business hours, the plan is to contact the insurance company and find out about all interactions between them and my dentist, procuring paperwork along the way.
Let's see if the dentist's capable staff asks me for help out of this one.

No comments: