05 November 2008

Help me, Obi-Wan Wolf Blitzer. You're my only hope.

The force is weak in this one.
Click on the pretty preceding letters for hilarity.
This has to be one of the most ridiculous, shark-jumping, fridge-nuking moments I've ever seen. Seriously? Reporting via hologram? Holy crap.
The only thing missing from this amazing technological advance was a holographic Anderson Cooper kneeling before Larry King, asking, "What is thy bidding, my master?"
Really. What does this technological advance add to the newscast? Anything? Something? A desire to see younglings slain via lightsaber?
Mind you, I've watched rasslin'. I've seen some ridiculous angles. Hell, I watched Heroes up until recently, and that show stinks.
This....this just beats it all.
I'm convinced now the world is about to end.

2 comments:

Lance said...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=thOxW19vsTg

It wasn't a hologram! .. It appeared she was being pasted into the set for the final stream. Wolf was most likely directing his gaze at a screen off the set which showed the final result of her being digitally added.

Still, it was real time, and her shadow was added (I think) which is impressive

The Chronek said...

I'm well aware this wasn't a hologram. It was a fancy blue/green screen effect, likely similar to what was used in The Matrix.
Thus, there's even more ridiculousness.