09 December 2008

Maybe he and George can play hide the soap

Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich was arrested earlier this morning.
Shockingly, the allegations include federal corruption charges. I know, this is difficult to believe, considering the level of honor and respect Illinois politicians have served their constituents.
Wow. Just....wow.
I didn't think Rod would get arrested while still in office. Guess he left enough of a trail that he could finally be charged.
It's funny. When Rod first ran for governor 6 years ago, George Ryan was in the midst of a federal investigation. Rod had promised "change."
The only thing that changed was whose hands taxpayers' money was funneled to.
One of the more interesting, and by interesting I mean f#^@ing frightening, accusations is that Blagojevich had offered state help to Tribune upper management in selling the Cubs in exchange for firing editors critical of him and his administration.
Have I mentioned I don't like this guy?
No wonder so many politicians in Illinois want stricter gun laws. They're afraid people will take up arms against them.
Have I also mentioned yay second amendment?
And yay first amendment?
Ugh. No wonder so few people vote here.
I wonder what the conversation between Rod and George will be like when they're both in the slammer.

No comments: