11 August 2008

The bunny chronicles: Adventures in Bunnysitting

On Wednesday morning, I leave for GenCon, something I like to call the most wonderful time of the year.
Begrudgingly, I had to find someone take care of the rotten little beast while I'm in Indianapolis. If nothing else, continued feeding of the rabbit will ensure a better stew later.
My sister agreed to come over for two days while I'm out of town. So, early yesterday morning, she visited the apartment to experience the rotten little beast first hand.
Luckily, the beast was in true rotten form.
She hopped out of the cage and investigated a bit, wondering who the new person was. Then she bolted under the bed when my sister tried to pet her.
This presented a good chance for me to demonstrate how to get her back in the cage. I moved the bed back and forth several times, and eventually the beast emerged. Instead of returning to the cage, the beast decided to run a victory lap around the apartment, and then went back under the bed.
This greatly entertained my sister, who then started using the same curse words I've used since taking ownership of the beast.
Finally, we managed to corner the beast and steer her back into the cage.
Thankfully, my sister knows of the rabbit's escape exploits, and has learned how necessary it is to secure the cage.
Soon, soon, I'll have a vacation from the rabbit. With my luck, she'll chew through the cage and destroy everything in the apartment.
Rotten little beast.

No comments: